19 April 2008

Pre-Pre-CPW Stuff

Okay. So I'm not going to lie - this blog is going to talk about more than just my adventures at MIT's 2008 Campus Preview Weekend. I was back in the northeast for a whole week, and while CPW is BY FAR the most exciting portion of the trip, I can't just leave things unblogged.

For those of you not familiar with my regular (well, somewhat regular) blog, I'm not really used to large cities. I live in a town with a population of 1500 and we don't even have a stoplight. My graduating class is at about 59 kids, and there are only about 350 max at my high school. And it's a public school (people thought I went to a small private school... until I mentioned the dropout rate... apparently kids don't drop out of private schools?). I live in the Willamette Valley in Oregon, and I go to Portland all the time. But Portland is nothing compared to the bustling metropolis of Boston. So, needless to say, I was in for some serious culture shock and I was so nervous to be spending a week back there.

I know the posts are kind of long, and I apologize for that. It's just so hard to be brief about such an amazing experience!

Pictures are up now, too! It's truly wonderful...

Enjoy!

No comments: